The Simmons Fund for the Graduate Schools
Simmons continues to be recognized on the national stage as an outstanding university. Once again U.S. News & World Report America's Best Colleges 2009 named Simmons a Best College in our category of masters-level universities in the North. We remain in the top tier of 187 schools in the north, and are 12th in the rankings.
Simmons also is listed as one of the nation's "Best 371 Colleges" in the Princeton Review's new 2010 college guidebook. In their summary of Simmons College, the Princeton Review editors said the "excellent academics and Boston location" of the undergraduate women's college "make Simmons a worthy option" for women.
Simmons believes that excellence in teaching and research are equally important and mutually reinforcing. Our faculty's combination of quality teaching, research, and practice promotes an extraordinary graduate student experience and is the cornerstone of the academic standing of Simmons. Last year Simmons faculty:
- Published 16 books, 60 book chapters, 155 refereed articles and 88 other articles
- Gave 324 academic presentations.
- Performed more than 1000 hours of community service including consultation, teaching, service on boards of directors, and clinical practice.
In 2008, Simmons College awarded 1,073 graduate degrees in five graduate schools: bringing our total graduate alumni constituency to just over 26,000 strong.
Simmons College awards graduate degrees in five graduate schools:
- The College of Arts and Sciences Graduate Studies (CAS Grad)
- The Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS)
- The School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS)
- The School of Management (SOM)
- The School of Social Work (SSW)
Support from graduate school alumnae is critical, and last year accounted for 5% of the total gifts received. Alumnae gifts are critical because they leverage all other gifts. Your financial support of Simmons is a vote of confidence in the school and attracts investment from foundations, corporations and federal and state agencies. This investment strengthens Simmons's national reputation, selectivity, and faculty research potential—all of which, in turn, strengthen the value of your graduate degree.
Please consider making a gift to support your graduate school.
The Simmons Fund - Graduate Schools
300 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115
Director, Annual Giving