Graduate School of Library and Information Science
NEWS | EVENTS | CONTACTS | CLASS NOTES
A Message from Interim Dean Maureen Sullivan
Welcome to alumni from the Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences (GSLIS). Building upon its hundred year-old traditions that have won GSLIS its internationally renowned reputation and consistent national ranking as a top ten library and information school, GSLIS prepares 21st century librarians and archivists by:
- Promoting leadership, innovation, and community engagement,
- Educating students in the competencies necessary for professional practice,
- Preparing graduates to work beyond brick and mortar buildings. As digital opportunities continue to grow, our graduates will have the knowledge and skill sets required for employment in a variety of information organizations,
- Offering a strong professional development program to provide substantive and relevant education to support career development beyond receipt of formal degrees,
- Raising public awareness about the contributions of librarians and archivists to increase cooperation in communities, enhance education, and provide services essential to sustain our democracy.
All of us at GSLIS invite our alumni and friends to join us as we continue to make a difference in our various communities and in the world of libraries, archives, and other cultural heritage institutions.
Stay informed about upcoming developments by connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter @ simmonsgslis and by visiting our website at simmons.edu/gslis.
Interim Dean, Graduate School of Library and Information Science