The Simmons Fund for the Graduate Schools
Simmons continues to be recognized on the national stage as an outstanding university. Once again U.S. News & World Report America's Best Colleges 2014 named Simmons a Best College in our category of masters-level universities in the North.
The School of Library and Information Science and received the top 10 ranking in U.S. News & World Report for "Best Grad Schools." Simmons is the only library and information science school in New England to be ranked in this category, and the only small-to-midsize graduate program to make the top 10 list. The Princeton Review "295 Best Business Schools" Named the School of Management as the No. 1 MBA program in the United States with the "Greatest Opportunity for Women."
Simmons believes that excellence in teaching and research are equally important and mutually reinforcing. Our faculty's combination of quality teaching, research, and practice promotes an extraordinary graduate student experience and is the cornerstone of the academic standing of Simmons. Last year Simmons faculty:
- Published 16 books, 60 book chapters, 155 refereed articles and 88 other articles
- Gave 324 academic presentations.
- Performed more than 1000 hours of community service including consultation, teaching, service on boards of directors, and clinical practice.
Simmons College awards graduate degrees in five graduate schools:
- The College of Arts and Sciences Graduate Studies (CAS Grad)
- The School of Library and Information Science (SLIS)
- The School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS)
- The School of Management (SOM)
- The School of Social Work (SSW)
Support from graduate school alumnae/i is critical, and last year accounted for 5% of the total gifts received. Alumnae/i gifts are critical because they leverage all other gifts. Your financial support of Simmons is a vote of confidence in the school and attracts investment from foundations, corporations, and federal and state agencies. This investment strengthens Simmons's national reputation, selectivity, and faculty research potential—all of which, in turn, strengthen the value of your graduate degree.
Please consider making a gift to support your graduate school.
The Simmons Fund - Graduate Schools
300 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115
Director, Annual Giving